Saturday, July 24, 2010

Interview Inspiration

I know it's been a few days since I last posted something.  My apologies, but I've been working very hard on getting all my stuff together so that I can make the move to SABI's as of yet undisclosed future first location!

To keep you all engaged, here's a quip I transcribed from one of my very first interviews with the founders of SABI Sushi:

"T: Yeah, exactly.  There’s always a reason to not do something, but you can always talk, you know?  And starting your own business is hard.  But in hard situations like this you find out who you really are, you know?  You’re like, “What am I made of?  Can I handle this?  Can I be homeless for three months?  Can I live out of our car?  Can we – can our friendship last, like, creating this business?”

People…. first of all, people have said, “You can’t create a business.  You guys will never be able to do it; you have no experience.”  So we got experience, like from Phillip.  Then they were saying, “Well, you guys… the friendship will, like, die.  Someone will fall off the team.  Something will happen.  You guys will definitely break up, you can’t work with three people.”  And we’ll see what happens, but like… just all of these things are-

I: -Still going strong?

T: Oh, absolutely.  Absolutely. Like… I don’t know, I just love it.  Like, everything is hard, you know?  The harder things are, the better it is when it works."

New post very soon.

Love,

Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment